Thursday, July 7, 2016

form is freedom

Louise led us into poetic thoughts:

I. The Silk Poem
I am unlike silk
in that I am not soft, pliable
I no longer feel the need
to move with ease
through the hands of others
to slide without catch
through outstretched fingertrips
But I can bind
can heft the weight of 
a singular body spinning into me
twine, untwine
can catch the fall
of an aerialist
    dangling in beauty, in strength
in precarious
power

I am no longer wrapped around
another's desires but spinning outward
twine, untwine

I am not unlike the silk that vines upward
- a steadfast hold
- a certainty
- the tumbling release of safety
into trust

I have become this: unbound


II. The Lube Poem
I am unlike lube in that I don't make 
the making of love easier
I want to complicate the idea, the question
I will not ease you into pleasure
but ask you to sit with discomfort

love is a long task
not unlike sex- it is a dying,
a euphoria, a glittering blackness,
a moment of full awakeness

I am not like lube that gives itself to satisfaction
I will not ask you to rush
from the unsettling you hold in your gut

love is an undoing
willing one's self into evolutions
willing one's self past the boundaries of internal
landscapes into the territory of another

I am not like lube inviting your passage
you will have to evoke response through your struggle,
your long journey, your hunger and thirst

I am not like lube-
wet, lush, slippery
I am the desert that beckons you
to wildness
to survive the stripping bare of your pretenses,
your defenses, leaving your very structure exposed

love is an unmaking
of one- a widening
yes,
love will make us wider.

No comments:

Post a Comment